Thirteen Memorable Moments from the Dave Matthews Concert
1. The guy walking around shaking people’s hands saying “Super Duper.” Even better, the look on his face when he approached me a second time and I said “You already super-dupered me, dude.” Priceless.
2. During one song two fans, who I have dubbed “Red Tube Top Girl” and “Mr. Chest” (because he wasn’t wearing a shirt), started dancing in the walkway behind our row. About ten seats down sat a bearded guy with a shaved head and wearing a KISS t-shirt. Mr. Chest got a little excited and licked KISS T-Shirt Guy’s bald head. And he lived.
3. I got to hear them play Two Step, So Damn Lucky, Rhyme & Reason and Ants Marching.
4. A whole lot of people running into/out of the woods. For various reasons.
5. The packed, rented Home Depot pickup truck we followed out of the parking lot. It was a sweet, sweet world for them.
6. Having to show a cop my ID to prove I wasn’t under age. Occiffer, you made my year.
7. The couple a few rows in front of us taking photos of themselves with their phone. So in love, cute.
8. A child dancing off alone in the grass.
9. Girl doing pull-ups at the Marine booth. You go girl!
10. 2/$20 Maroon 5 tickets. Wish I could go.
11. The show kicked off DMB’s summer tour.
12. And Tim Reynolds was playing with them.
13. Two fantastic encores, especially a cover of Pink Floyd’s “Money.”