Thirteen Favorite Wired How-To Wikis
Here are thirteen of my favorite how-tos from Wired’s How-to Wiki collection:
1. Build Your Own ‘Iron Man’ Armor. Of course mine would have the same “accessory” found on Clooney’s Batman costume.
2. Check Yourself for Genetic Abnormalities. Don’t they mean polymorphisms?
3. Dismantle an Atomic Bomb. A miracle drug to avoid vertigo and the city of blinding lights.
4. Build An Earthquake Proof Wine Cellar. Me and my B*tch grenache will be perfectly OK during a 4.5 on the Richter.
5. Make Ice Cream Like a Mad Scientist. I hope this shows up in a future Dr. Horrible episode.
6. Master Your iPhone. Is that like being master of your own domain?
7. Be Geekier Than Thou. Buckaroo Banzai is the shiz.
8. Plan a Solar Eclipse Excursion. I see five lights! (Don’t get it? See #7)
9. Survive a Zombie Apocalypse. If you hear “Thriller,” RUN.
10. Build an Army of Followers. Sleeping is overrated, isn’t it?
11. Become An English Humor Afficianado. No mention of AbFab. Really?
12. Win at Rock Paper Scissors. Yep, show those kindergardeners who’s boss.
13. Cut Your Cancer Risk. None of these are fun.
I’d really like to see Wired add one for How To Win An Iron Chef Title. (Did I mention #7?)
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
2 thoughts on “Thirteen Favorite Wired How-To Wikis”
Nice catch on #11. I still can’t believe they left out AbFab.
Being English myself, I had a look at #11. The guy doesn’t seem to realize that The Office is a franchise. No one ripped anyone off!
I’ll check out some of the others. The cancer one seems to be the most important, and useful