Thirteen Cool Science Fiction Robots
1. Cylons from Battlestar Galactica
2. Terminators from The Terminator franchise
3. Data from Star Trek
4. Nexus-7 Replicant Rachel Tyrell from Blade Runner
5. Asimov’s robots from I, Robot6. C3PO and R2-D2 from Star Wars
7. “Gynoid” (as opposed to “android”) Maria from Metropolis
8. Gort from The Day The Earth Stood Still
9. Farscape’s Diagnostic Repair Drones (DRDs), specifically DRD 1812. See left. (Get your very own DRD.)
10. Model B-9 Environmental Control Robot from Lost in Space
11. K-9 from Doctor Who
12. Twiki from B-B-Buck Rogers
13. RS-4 from Catherine Asaro’s The Phoenix Code
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
13 thoughts on “Thirteen Cool Science Fiction Robots”
Ooooh, Data!! Now there’s a sexy robot if I ever saw one!! Great list!! (You really ARE a nerd, aren’t you?? LOL!)
Nerdy and proud of it!
I love R2-D2!!!! Happy TT!
Although I wasn’t a big fan of Buck Rogers, I did like Twiki… esp. that sound he used to make.
Great list….sounds like I gotta start to watch some of these again….(at the resistance of one teen daughter…and another who is complaining because now she LIKES Star Trek…and dreamed her pillow was becoming the borg and taking her over….LOL!
I love the replicators (as bad guys) from Stargate.
And my favorite robot movie from childhood… “Not Quite Human”! I have all of those movies on VHS somewhere.
Oh geez! I completely forgot about the Replicators. Good one!
I can’t believe you left off Robbie from Lost in Space.
Danger Will Robinson warning warning.
Actually, Robbie is #10
oops I should learn to read more carefully huh 🙂
Lisa, you would love the place I used to work. One of my coworkers nicknamed a student employee “Twiki”… and about four of us understood the reference without having to consult Google. 🙂
My fave is Marvin The Paranoid Android from the Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy.