RWA2008 Conference Highlights
Over the next few days I hope to post some of the highlights of the workshops I attended at the RWA National Conference last week.
To kick off the highlights posts, here is a photo from Saturday night’s Awards Ceremony of myself and a couple of my pals from Writers at Play.
From left to right, me, author Stacey Kayne and author Leslie Dicken. I’ll try to post some additional photos as time allows, but for now Janice Lynn has a few nice photos up on her blog and Tawny Weber chronicles our “legs” photos from years past.
Some of the sessions I attended include:
- Successful Rewriting:Paring Down and Fleshing Out by Lisa Gardner
- Emotion, Emotion, Emotion: Writing Romance with Global Appeal by authors Barbara Hannay, Barbara McMahon, Jessica Hart and Harlequin editor Lucy Brown
- How to Stay Sane in Publishing by agent Steven Axelrod
- The Great Agent Hunt by authors Christie Craig and Faye Hughes and agents Jessica Faust and Caren Johnson
- Writing Crossover Fiction with authors Ann Aguirre, Catherine Asaro, Robin Owens and Ace/Berkley Sensation editor Cindy Hwang
- Writing in a Hybrid Genre with Dorchester editor Leah Hultenschmidt
- The Lessons of Firefly: Learning From the Works of Joss Whedon by author Jacqui Jacoby