Top Ten 2008 Highlights
I think it’s a good idea to survey backward over the previous year and take stock of my personal high points. The exercise helps me to set goals for the coming year and also gives me a sense of achievement. So, below is a list of my Top Ten 2008 Highlights as well.
- The New York Times contacted me—and a bunch of other people—for a potential interview about nonscientist interest in the Large Hadron Collider (LHC). Then LHC went down and the article never materialized. Bittersweet, but it’s still a high for me just to be considered.
- To be named in Doc Bushwell’s Hootworthy Blog Awards. Hoot!
- I received a personalized rejection—not a form letter rejection—from Jennifer Jackson. And she said she was “on the fence.” No, I’m not reading too much into it.
- The Aurora Theory
- Interviewing Susan Grant
- RWA National (getting a partial request out of it)
- Shelfari SFR Group
- Heather Massey’s shout-out to me on the Tor blog
- Inside the Blogosphere participation
- SF Signal linkage
- A Passion for Marble Rye
- Esri Rose’s RWA Shoe Blog
- Inspiring Michael May in his “She-Hulk and Sex” post
- Live Blogging SG Atlantis